View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 08:49 AM

WOW!! What a difference

Just thought that I would post a fuel system success in spite of some naysayers. In this case tenacity paid off.

I've been fussing over my '72 280SE 2.8 barn find starting on most of the cylinders and then picking up the rest within a few seconds of startup. Starting on most of the cylinders was not as much of a concern as gas washing down the cylinders from bleeding injectors. I contacted the injection shops in town to see if they would service the injectors. All said NO.

All was not lost. While prowling around the big city I spied an injection shop on a back road that was not in the Yellow Pages. As it turns out at one time he serviced the MB fuel system and was willing to give it a try.

The next day I delivered the injectors. What was disappointing is there was rust inside of the injectors. All of the injectors bled down and none had any kind of a spray pattern. The injectors are the non-serviceable type. The guy at the injection shop told me that it's no problem for his "secret" process. Good enough for me. When he returned the injectors to me he said that all of the injectors will hold 235lbs without leaking.

Well I installed the injectors last night. Oh man what a difference. The car drives much nicer than before. The best part is that it started on 6 cylinders this morning. In this case I was able to avoid buying $600.00 worth of injectors to accomplish the same thing.

Last edited by cadurning; 01-22-2010 at 09:15 AM.