View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 11:21 PM

AC/Climate control Qestion

I've been involved in the long process of trying to figure out excactly what in the heck have the PO/PO's done to this vehicle (I'm sure i'm not the only one who has been left scrathing there heads at some of the stuff we've seen!). After doing numerous other (so far succesful) projects i've decided to tackle my non-functioning AC. I live in the S.F. east-bay area and it can get really hot over here! I just purchased a cheap set of R12 ac manifold gauges on ebay and I have basic elec. diagnostic tools. I have no experience fixing ac systems but I have done so much reading on this subject over the last few months I feel like I have a (very!) basic understanding. I pulled my PBC and re-soldered all the joints. Still no ac compressor engagement I figured it was the "Low-pressure cut-out switch" so I jumped the 2 wires still no clutch engage. I thought that was wierd?? So I gave the compressor itself a good visual inspection (I know I should've done this first!). There is no wires going to the compressor!! A little more investing as two where they are and I think I found them. A green and a brown wire were tucked underneath a bunch of other wires they both have had there terminations cut off. Can anyone confirm if these are the correct colors for the ac compressor? If so what sides do they go to?? I'm assuming there's something wrong with the compressor(Black death)?? Will it hurt anything to reconect the compressor to verify this?? I'm really looking for suggestions on haow I should proceed and diagnose the problems with my ac?? Thank you guys for your help!!