View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 03:37 PM

My ordered SLS replacement springs arrived, some 19mm spring seats, and some sedan heavy duty shocks. Started to tear into the rear suspension and discovered that BOTH rear springs are also broken down in the lower control arm cup.
Can't wait to see the last of this suspension. Good parts consist of one accumulator and maybe the pump.
Should have all the replacement stuff in hopefully today, but the corrosion and rust problem on the components is kicking me in the tuckus. I have to cut both lines going into the shocks from above with a hacksaw.

Went a little overboard trying to get to the top of the shocks, and ripped most of the trunk interior out, fairly clean which is a surprise, and good access to a few rust locations.

question about the brake lights- I had one broken lenz on the passenger rear, and an ordered replacement arrived and both of them are partially melted from heat in the same places. The replacement one is way worse, which is unfortunate, maybe I can switch the lenz.
Is this a pretty standard problem with the brake lights? It almost seems like they are not ventilated enough and overheat.

Also, is there a metal upgrade to the plastic sway bar links?
Attached Thumbnails
revitalization checklist for newly purchased 85TD-004.jpg   revitalization checklist for newly purchased 85TD-wagonbrakelights.jpg