View Single Post
Old 11-22-2000, 01:27 AM

Makakio,
I am a SL owner and do not even know how to tell you the sheer enjoyment of driving one of these cars. Going point A to B usually takes me starting from A to C to E.....to B. I have a 320 and I think it suffice to my needs. Some people will tell you to get a 500 or 600. You will go a little faster in the 500 and VROOOOOM in the 600, but consider the money you will spend on gas on the massive 8 and 12. The 320 has plenty of ponies for me, and I caught myself frequently going over 100 on the Beltway without even realizing it. The car handles extremely well at high speed. My advise is buy one from a dealer with the Star Mark warranty (extended warranty is even better if you plan to keep the car long)for everything on the SL is EXPENSIVE!! You sure do not want to buy one from e-Bay unless you are very handy to work on the car yourself (I am not). I feel sorry for those poor souls thinking they have a good deal by buying a cheap SL from the e-Bay. I would say this time of the year is best to look for one because not much demand for an open top car, price will generally a bit higher comes spring. Good luck hunting!!

95 R129
98 ML320