View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 04:31 PM

Bringing this one back from the dead.....

I tried to adjust the proportioning valve to get the 0hg at full throttle. When the valve is off and I am testing, I can get the 0hg at full open. When attached the best I can do is 4hg at full throttle. Would this mean that some adjustment would have to be done to the throttle linage just below to bring the proportioning valve to 0hg?

I hope that this makes sense and thanks for your help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTooHot View Post
Steve, I hope that you see this posting, because I REALLY want to thank you for all your help!

Between the combination of your direct help, as well as researching your previous postings to others, I have this transmission shifting so well, it’s amazing.

For the record, I adjusted the vacuum span, increasing its range to the maximum that still allows the vacuum to go to zero at full throttle. On this car, it is 14.5’’ where previously it was set at just under 12’’. And it still is within specs at the 10mm distance from the stop. While making the vacuum span adjustment, it takes *very* little movement of the nut to make a significant change. I ended up moving the modulator only one castellation notch clockwise to firm things up a little. It was set to spec with a gauge last week, so I am particularly happy that it didn’t take much alteration to it’s setting. These two adjustments allowed me to set the Bowden cable exactly as it should be set, and the results are a real transformation - The trans behaves absolutely beautifully, without resorting to any “miracles in a can”.

Since it is working so well now that everything is very close to factory specs, I am hoping that this is indicative of the internals of the trans being in relatively good shape. I mean, if it took significant jury-rigging, I would still be more worried about the condition of the bands & clutch packs.

THANK YOU AGAIN!