View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 04:18 PM

Re: Zaino VS Meguiars Comparison

Quote:
Originally posted by placo1
Test 2. The second product was Meguiars Gold Class Clear Coat Liquid Car Wax. This was applied onto 1/3 of the hood as well and was allowed to dry 1 hour. This also wiped off very easy, not quite as easy as the Zaino or Medallion but easy enough. But when I finished wiping I stood back in complete shock. You could see a perfect line where the Gold Class and Zaino met each other. The Meguiars was a much much deeper richer and more reflective surface. I couldn't believe it. I've had this product sitting in my garage forever and never though it would look better than the Zaino.
I believe Gold Class tints the finish a little, therefore it stands out on dark paint giving a deep and richer appearance. It is to my understanding that Zaino is formulated to be "optically clear", therefore, its weakness on dark finish is lack of depth; however the reflection is really sharp. I believe Gold Class is the most reflective wax in Meguiar's line, but my only concern is the durability. I believe you will lose that "deepness" after 3 washes. Of course, if you don't mind waxing every month or so this should not be a problem.