View Single Post
Old 07-18-2002, 09:19 PM

Meguiars Meeting

First I have to begin by thanking Mike Phillips of Meguiars for taking the time to meet with me yesterday afternoon. He was kind enough to give me a tour of their headquarters and introduce me to some of the ladies/gentlemand behind the scenes. (Very nice place by the way)

We also passed through different rooms which contained every single one of their products, I'm sure there were over 200 of them! I even saw a few that didn't have labels on them yet.

We then walked into a presentation room which is were they will begin the clinic for Mercedesshop.

Then we took a stroll out to the garages where I had the opportunity to see the gorgeous Meguiars Chevy Show Truck. It has a custom black paint job and if you look closely you'll see a very light airbrushed purple metallic checkerboard wave on the whole vehicle. Man that truck had to have the best paint I've ever seen. It was a bit dirty but the paint was totally flawless.

We then proceeded to bring my car into one of their four detailing bays. These bays have flourescent and a different type of lighting which made it extremely bright in there. They had shelves and shelves of every kind of product they make (AND A FEW NEW ONES! ) We decided to hold off on the buffing but did a few wax tests on the finish for comparison purposes. You'll find my results on another thread (Zaino VS Meguiars), lets just say the results were interesting to say the least.

Clinic Details:

The presentation will start at 9:00AM sharp and will last approximately one hour. This will explain the do's and don'ts of waxing and polishing a car. This is just the beginning.

We will then proceed to the detailing bays where we'll begin a hands on demonstration of proper buffing technique and the different materials used to do this. We're still debating as to how beneficial my car will for the presentation so we might choose another. Another second car will be cooled in the extra bay so that we can continuously move from car to car. Meguiars will also have there buffing guru on hand to teach us proper techniques.

Overall the clinic should be very beneficial for everyone based on my findings so far. Mike even mentioned something about handouts

By the way, in case anyone is wondering Meguiars is in the process of introducing some seriously competitive new waxes in the next 6 to 12 months. They wouldn't divulge any details but they did state that it would be revolutionary!

Current:
02 C32 AMG

Previous:
92 500E
84 190E 2.3 5 Spd

Last edited by placo1; 07-18-2002 at 09:38 PM.