View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 01:03 AM

Angry Venting....and I don't mean from the dash!

Sorry guys but I am sooo frustrated! I am still looking at this little yellow 82 380SL an older couple has out here in the sticks where I live. I have been talking to the wife and she is so cooperative as far as letting me check the car out etc. After the first test drive it WADDLED down the road and was missing so badly it would not go over 20 mph with out steering control issues! I told her I would get back with her when I could get a car dolly and get it to a lift to see what was going on.
Today I stop by to visit the car and check to see if I can see the timing chain and hubby is home this time...he says" Oh this thing is a real runner! I take it once a week to the county line and she just cruises down the road!" I asked him if he noticed that it shook violently after EVENTUALLY going into gear? He said he has had no problem with this car and he just drove it last Friday. He is a truck driver and he did not drive it last Friday, we did! I asked him about the timing chain and he was clueless about why it needed changing, referring to the 'new' motor that was put in and probably did not have 5000 miles on it.. I pointed out to him that this 'new' motor had yellow numbers on it from a salvage yard, it was not new!
I could tell that not only did he not know what he was talking about but he was A LIAR!!!!!!! WHY DO PEOPLE TELL YOU JUNK THAT IS OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE? I guess because I'm a female, I am stupid! I knew more about his car than he did. ...can't wait for wife to get home and he goes back on the road... ARRGH!

Last edited by PANZER; 03-27-2010 at 01:05 AM. Reason: misspelling