View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 10:29 AM

Knowlege vs. Wisdom

Walking away from this car is probably the WISEST thing to do as they have been trying to sell this car for some time now. The Dad who owned it was 80 when he bought it! The daughter tells me that the original motor was completely rebuilt in 99' with reciepts to prove it, and it looked like a timing chain issue, the second time they dropped a motor in it, the daughter was under the impression that the shop (the only one in the area) 'saw her dad coming' and knew he would just stroke a check to fix what ever..so she feels that there were times they took advantage of him. The wife is VERY forthcoming about the issues this car has and does not try to argue with my point of view, hubby on the other hand is in total denial, I think because it is a MB he thinks that it is worth its weight in GOLD! I may trying to justify getting this car, I feel like I could really DO something with this little cast off. Well, there ya go, I am starting to sound like an emotional female! We shall see, gotta sell this grandfather clock first...