View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Rogue T Tolerant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr from Texas View Post
I'm considering adding an electric unlock to my 123 only because my door key access is prone to freezing. I think the issue may be what freezes and does the electric activation let you skip the frozen component as you unlock. If the mechanism is frozen, applying vacuum in the trunk would still leave you with a frozen mechanism, right?

I'm replacing the window dew wipers thinking that this is where the water comes from that then freezes in the mechanism. No rush for me as the temperature is now routinely in the 70's.
The keyless entry is a great little addition to the car. I'm so bummed it's not working now. I even pulled apart the entire door panel in my college parking lot just to discover that the entire system is connected just fine.

I set up my keyless locks to unlock the car from the linkage that controls the inside door locking pin. That linkage is entirelly seperate from the tumbler. It was a pain in the butt to bend the linkages, but it makes sense when you get a good look at everything in there.

The next time I'm locked out of my car, I'll apply vacuum to the redish unlock line. From my interlock diagram, it may work. If not eh who cares I keep the deicer in the trunk just in case.