Thread: glow plug relay
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeonflux View Post
Hi, thanks for the replies.

The Relay/Wiring harness are the exact ones pictured in your post Diesel911, with no visible fuse on the relay. Does this relay have a Reed Switch that you mentioned? There is also no fuse on the firewall, or wire coming off of Glow plug 4 that on the older setups seemed to lead to a strip fuse.

I followed the wiring harness from the relay all the way until the four wires dissappeared under the dash, no fuse in-line as well. Now I couldn't see the last 4-6 inches of these wires under the dash, without taking some of the dash apart, but I would guess there isn't one under there, as it it would be really difficult to change.
I do not know if the Kit Relay has the Reed Switch or not.

Sometime last year there was a memeber looking for the Fuse but could not find one.
I looked up some of the Wiring Diagrams and found one of ths systems has no Fuse but the Relay had a Reed Switch in it. So I assumed that the Reed Switch subed for the Fuse.

Because the Relay came from a Kit there is no Wiring Diagram in the Service Manual. Also I do not think all of the kits are made by Bosch.

Is there anyway to peak inside of the Relay?
I guess with too fast and too much of an over load it might be that the Read Switch (if the kit regulator has one) took a hit.