View Single Post
Old 04-14-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10fords View Post
Soot- let us know what you find. It would be cool to have a definitive answer on the oil cooler plug mystery. I did a ton of searching and couldn't find one for sure answer, just speculation. That was why I was going to plug them and run it and see what happens, but the plugs cost more than the hose I know the threads where the hose attach are M22x1.5 but have no idea what the threads that go into the filter housing are. Please enlighten when you find out thanks-Scott
This answer is in the Oil Cooler Repair section.
The Oil Cooler Repair Nipples are actually the same Nipples that screw into the Filter Housing.

The Oil Filter Housing is tapped for M18x1.5 threads (but my knowledge is only related to 617.952).

If this seems familiar it is that same size as the spark plug holes on some older cars.

Last year Sears was selling this sized tap for around $13 (Made by Vermont America). They are less on eBay if you find a seller that has a decent shipping price.

I have pulled some used ones off Oil Filter Housings at the Junk Yard to verify that they are the same as the described Repair Nipples.