View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 10:50 PM
I am McLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
I think there are procedures you are supposed to follow if you pull the DV's you may have changed the flow rate on some of the ports. or you may have swapped some parts to the wrong port? I have never taken apart a M pump, so I am just guessing.
I took the fuel lines off, then the little retainers that hold the valves from spinning off, then I took ONE valve out at a time really slowly, cleaned it up really good, put some WD-40 on the o-ring, put it on the valve slowly by rolling it on, then put the spring back in and slowly screwing the valve down into place then torqued it down.

Then went to the next valve and done the exact same thing. Just one at a time so that I wouldn't end up putting one in the wrong place. Everything should be exactly how I pulled it off. I did notice now that the braided fuel line going to the injectors there is a couple of them that are leaking now that I fixed the Delivery Valves from leaking. They aren't leaking real bad but I do know now that I need to replace the lines soon.

86 Mercedes 300SDL - 400k+ miles