View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 09:59 PM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeinGreaseCar View Post
I awoke to a puddle in the driveway, never a good start, right?

Discovered it was trans fluid. Ok, found the fitting on the drivers side of the cooler leaking. (recently I had a mechanic pull the radiator, on an unrelated matter, and figured it was just a bit loose)

So... you know how this story goes. 1/8 of a turn tighter then UH OH, really loose.

Removed the short line, hoping that only the hose side was bad. No such luck. I can SEE a thread about 3 threads in on the male part that is missing.

I had HOPED that the large nut on the cooler side fitting would remove the whole thing.. no such luck either. The large nut comes right off, and the piece of pipe sticking out is fast. Of course, it's nothing normal for pipe, gotta be metric, something smaller than 1/2 pipe, and fine threads.

Any ideas? I'm hoping it's not new/used radiator time. If I had something that was the same size and thread.. I think a coupling would span over the bad section of thread, and be able to put a small nipple in and connect a new flex hose. But I have no idea the pipe size.

I'm trying to go slow, and figure a practical way to fix it. I have the means to just buy a new radiator... but what's the fun in that.

JP
um, the "mechanic" crossthreaded your cooler lines. he needs to replace your radiator...

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!