View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeky1 View Post
How's the 164 treating you? I've always liked the styling of those cars but I've never been able to bring myself to buy one. I assumed that they didn't have much power (although wikipedia tells me I'm wrong about that, at least as far as the 3.0 24v goes) and the front wheel drive thing kinda squicks me just, oh, a whole hell of a lot. They're such good looking cars though.
Pretty good running car so far. Minor stuff to deal with. Only major issue is a dirty starter drive (the bendix doesn't fully retract from flywheel. Slight "ding" "ding" sound. I quick rev retracts it fully. Either replace or clean starter.) Easy to do, just difficult to get to the starter.

It's an auto so 0-30 isnt very quick but after that it flies. Actually had a guy in an Infinity G35 struggling to match the speed up to 120 mph (that's when he quit ).

Here's a vid of a manual (I think 0-60 is around 6.9 sec)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeX6e3WJA3o&feature=related

Although front wheel drive, it has very little torque steering under hard acceleration.

It does have a Sport and Ice mode switch for the tranny which is a bonus and changes gear more smoothly than any Mercedes I've owned.

The seats are ultra comfortable, and hold you in firmly.

Last edited by EuroRash; 05-13-2010 at 01:54 AM.