View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dropnosky View Post
but several times I have caught someone lying to me, or trying to mislead me about how they used the vehicle, often by omitting information, and did not go through with the sale, since then I have to doubt everything they said.

You might as well tell the looker exactly what you do with the jeep, and you have a better than even chance that you will have a buyer who either knows and does not care about plow use, or does not know and does not care about the plow use.

I would list it on craigslist and state in the add that you also have a plow that fits the truck available to purchase for a set amount if the buyer is interested. It would then be implied that you plowed with it, but you will have not directly stated so. Then you have satisfied all disclosure about the vehicle, and there is no need to mention it during the sale unless the buyer asks.

The best way is to freely admit that you plowed with the vehicle and your attitude should be, "so?" That would put a buyer at ease, and they can assume that you kept good care of it since you probably did.
I doubt EVERYTHING the seller says. That is why I bring my OBDII scanner, compression tester and what not. I have encountered tons of sellers that pull the "Check Engine" light bulb out but can't fool the scanner. I check all the fluids. Too fresh makes me wonder. Why would you change your trans fluid before a sale if not to hide something? Especially when you have no records of previous changes.

Or you have a buyer that now gets cold feet since they don't understand or want to take the risk. Seeing as how I have been treated by sellers, I'd say he should take the risk.

Why? So the buyer can find a reason to talk you down? I seize every opportunity to talk the seller down and this will give me more ammunition.

If asked, tell. OTOH, why highlight it? That is how all the sellers I have worked with have dealt with me. Car dealerships all the way to private sellers. So, when in Rome......
05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI
06 Polaris Sportsman 500 EFI
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Red
03 SeaDoo GTX SC Yellow
04 Tailgator 21 ft Toy Hauler
11 Harley Davidson 883 SuperLow