View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklim View Post
I doubt EVERYTHING the seller says. That is why I bring my OBDII scanner, compression tester and what not. I have encountered tons of sellers that pull the "Check Engine" light bulb out but can't fool the scanner. I check all the fluids. Too fresh makes me wonder. Why would you change your trans fluid before a sale if not to hide something? Especially when you have no records of previous changes.

Or you have a buyer that now gets cold feet since they don't understand or want to take the risk. Seeing as how I have been treated by sellers, I'd say he should take the risk.

Why? So the buyer can find a reason to talk you down? I seize every opportunity to talk the seller down and this will give me more ammunition.

If asked, tell. OTOH, why highlight it? That is how all the sellers I have worked with have dealt with me. Car dealerships all the way to private sellers. So, when in Rome......
You would be the buyer from hell.

I agree that if you go to buy a vehicle from a private party, its at you own risk, but if he prices it reasonably, and since its a jeep he will have a lot of calls, he does not need to argue on the price.
Personally, if it were my jeep, and you came to look at it bringing your arsenal of tools and the assumption that I was a liar, especially since its only a 2000, id tell you to take a hike and sell it to the 20 year old college student that looked at it next.

Jeeps are very popular, he does not need to do battle with any buyers, and he does not need to argue on the price with anyone if he chooses not to.