View Single Post
Old 05-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Out of Garage Space

The good news:

On Friday morning I stopped at an O'Reillys and picked up primary and secondary fuel filters. When I pulled the primary, I found that it was loaded with crap. I changed both filters. I also added some cetane boost.

I got back on the road and the difference was evident immediately. I sailed through 75 mph with no hesitate or pulsating. At one point I briefly touched 95 mph but did not want to take it up any further for fear of getting a ticket. Gas mileage was up around 27 mpg. Traffic was cruising along at around 80mph through Tennessee, Arkansas and Texas.

Now the bad news:

I left the car with my son in Plano, TX and before I got back home on the plane, he had had an accident. I have not seen pictures yet but I am fearing that it might be totaled. He was making a left hand turn at an intersection and did not see an oncoming car. Hit her in the left rear passenger door. He said there was oil and antifreeze on the ground and had to have the car towed back home. Thankfully no one was hurt.

I'll be posting another thread to see if anyone is around the Plano / Dallas area that could look at the car for me.
15 Subaru Outback 43K
11 Subaru Outback 67K
98 Ford Taurus 100K (Gertie - Was Grandma's - drove it to church and shopping - really) Daughter's car now.
30 Model A Ford 2 Door Sedan (Sold) 0-60 in . . . Never reached 60