View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 09:03 AM
New England Hick

Sorry to hear your going through this. Obviously every state is different, but CT is brutal on the men in divorces. Custody is the key factor.

One of my employees managed to get primary custody (+ child support of $189/week because she made about twice as much as he did) only because her new husband is a registered sex offender and can't be around minors (their son) unsupervised. That's how F'd up it is in CT. It has nothing to do with how unfit his crazy ex-wife actually is, it's only because her new husband is a P.O.S. that my employee got primary custody (and the child support that came with it). The laws sure seem to very much favor the women in custody battles. Whoever gets custody will get the support money.

And if it comes down to it I hope you're able to make out alright and can keep the house for stability sake!

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)