View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 10:36 AM
83 & 85 300d's Turbo's

Well, My Dad handed me the keys to the 1 owner 300d! Some things need fixed, HELP ME!

well after 2 years of missing my 300d, my dad handed me his keys and said son, im getting old and its gonna be your mercedes now. SWEET! My car now, 93 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe GAS HOGG... 60 bucks a week.. Im done with that thing so the benz will be my new daily driver now.

CAR: 1983 Mercedes 300d Turbo Diesel - 140,000 original miles

Following things i need help with:

Brakes:

How do you replace the brake booster with the master cylinder? i have a rough idea but i dont want to tear it all apart and be like well im stuck...

Are the brake pads and rotors a simple unbolt and replace?

Engine:

It still has the original glow plugs and injectors, she seems a little sluggish and will just glow plugs help with performance?

Turbo feels like it isnt kicking in like my other 85 300d i had. but still pushing 10 pounds of boost, hooked my boost gauge in it.

and yes i did the ALDA cleaning, i also increased the ALDA, helped alot cause it was sooooooooo slow before.. something is robbing performance soo bad.. and i don't wanna say transmission or anything...

Thanks Guys!!! i plan on beginning on the brakes today so i will be on here lookin around and replying pretty quick. and let me know if i need any special tools because i currently dont have any for mercedes.