View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 11:18 PM

About to buy 94 E320; couple questions

Will have it within the week.

040 black on grey, black leather (not mb tex).

sunroof is slow to open, though performs all its functions as near as I can tell. rear windows are a wee bit slow to roll up.

cruise control stalk has been broken off

the light knob is loose. doesn't want to engage Parking light mode, but will click over to go into full headlight mode and front fogs on first, rear fog on 2nd. didn't have time to inspect if it's the switch or just the plastic knob. is this normal?

wiring harness LOOKED fine, as did head gasket with no visible oil leaks. engine and transmission operated 100%. I have 11 years on another m104 in my C280, so I knew what to look for on this one. good idle, good cold start, good power, and excellent shifting in all situations.

AC gets ice cold, but doesn't blow very hard. I can hear the blower motor working hard, but the air speed out the vents was kinda weak. I am unsure if it's a clogged cabin filter or vacuum elements in-dash. you can imagine which one I'm hoping for...

speedometer was shaky at virtually ALL speeds. if doing 40, it would bounce from about 3-5mph below back up to 40 the entire time. fuel sender seemed like it might be showing its age, but maybe not.

going to need a new grill, complete with chrome strips. has acceptable door dings and scratches, but a decent smack on the passenger side right where BOTH DOORS MEET. will likely be salvaging doors from a local parts car as opposed to fixing. i'm in it for the long haul with this w124. I intend to make this thing part of my family, much like my other 2 MB's are.

final price: $3,200. clean title.

thoughts? suggestions? giant red flags?

ps, current fleet: '94 C280 on which I have personally logged 210k miles and is in no danger of dying, and a 'new' '80 240d I am playfully restoring.