View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Unofficial wormcan opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by berniecal View Post
Wow, just stumbled over this thread, and I have gone through 2 stabilizer bracket breakages since I bought the car in Dec2009. I do have a rough road nearby that periodically has bottomless potholes, but the car normally has such a capable confident feel that you think nothing can faze it, and then another bracket bites the dust! It breaks just above where the bracket clamps around the anti-roll bar. I have repaired it a couple of times and replaced the parts when they come in but so far my repaired parts have survived better than the new parts.
My theory so far is that the brackets have to bend in normal operation due to the suspension geometry, and over time the material used in replacement parts has changed towards less cost. I'm guessing they should be a spring steel and the new replacements I bought certainly are not. The search for the perfect bracket continues!! (and I will try and post pics but home reno currently takes precedence)
Bernie in LaHave NS
1994 E300 TurboDiesel Wagon 124193 603960
We are going to need to see pictures of your car as well. Did Canada get diesel wagons in '94 or was it imported privately.

Be careful of the toes you step on today, as they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow. anonymous

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter won’t mind.” Dr. Seuss