View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayer View Post
It was an ebay compressor. I was completely satisfied with its compressing of the 134a.

We couldn't get a good seal on it to charge it with the 12. I needed ac and so we scrammed over to the parts house to get one that we knew would seal.

If the AC guy I had last summer do my ac didn't do a proper flush, that compressor might actually have some life left in it. (meaning that the gunk we found in the lines was from the previous compressor and not the one currently in his hands) We would just need to make it seal (which we couldn't do in the time allotted).

finally got the money shot of the burst main seal on the current compressor.

I feel like a just took out an attractive, but not overly attractive girl to a chick flick and then to a very nice restaurant, listened to all her stories, laughed when I was supposed to, held the door, complimented interesting things about her, perfect gentlemen, only to find out she is a co dependent basket case. (As I read that, that could also be an analogy for the whole &#%$%*@ car)

It's pointed towards the belt assembly so its not a photographer's dream but it shows the damage.
Maybe I'm slow. By "main seal" you mean the front shaft seal? Or the rear seals where the manifold bolts up?

If you mean the rear seals, you can get them replaced, parts are only a few bucks.

Mine were leaking - it was obvious because of the bright green oil right there on the compressor. Upon disassembly, I could see the rubber was torn. AutoZone gave me the "Huh? Nope, not in our computer..." response.

Sorry about the autofocus on the old pic.
Attached Thumbnails
dissembling R4 compressor-o-rings.jpg   dissembling R4 compressor-compressor-seal.jpg