Thread: Sold the 6.9
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2000, 08:28 PM

Well, the time has come to make room in the stable for a vehicle that is less maintenance intensive than the mighty 6.9. I got a call last night, and the deal was worked out. Boy I'll really be sad to see it go , but at some point, another one WILL reside in my garage. In the meantime, I am going to give my Jensen Interceptor some more British company and scout out a Triumph TR6. We had one a long time ago, and I still have yet to find any car that sounds quite like a TR6. Besides, before we sold our old one, I quickly snatched the triple Weber setup off of it, so it now eagerly awaits some more action. Anyone have any good leads on a nice TR6? I know I'm asking in the wrong place, but there's bound to be someone out there who'll know. I mainly want a good body. I don't care if the engine runs or not (but CAN'T be frozen!) because it is going to receive the hi-po treatment (carbs, cam, header, and Monza pepperpots). As always, any info would be greatly appreciated! P.S.--Note that anything non-MB does NOT get mentioned in the signature

Aaron Greenberg
MB technician
Precision Motorcars, Cincinnati, Ohio
'67 250SE Cabriolet
'77 450SL
'79 6.9
'80 300SD
'85 380SE
'89 420SEL
'93 300E 2.8