View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 12:16 PM
Unofficial wormcan opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiam44 View Post
FYI,

It's best if your hunting used- buy a passenger seat bottom. There is a lot better chance that it will have good springs and less wear and tear.

I don't know the price of a new spring box and pad. Pads use to be about $35 and the cheapest place was MB. Some do make-shift repairs. I just replace the spring box and pad- then it feels like a new seat.
If you don't own a pair of hog ring pliers- they are not expensive and make the job easier. There is metal rods running in the seat cover and you tie them down to the spring through the pad with the hog rings. Should be easy to see once you take it off the motor/base. There are some big philips screws which old it on the motor base.

M
The MB tex is usually in better shape as well. I used a passenger seat back and bottom to fix my drivers seat. You just need to cut a hole for the armrest.

Be careful of the toes you step on today, as they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow. anonymous

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter won’t mind.” Dr. Seuss