View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTooHot View Post
Wow! Who the hell is this 'willy2004' idiot?

There's an old saying that "you can't have a rational discussion with an irrational person".

It is hard to believe that anyone could ever, Ever, EVER have a legitimate beef against Enrique. I have a sneaky suspicion that "willy2004" is a person whom doesn't have a lot of long-term friends, and is utterly clueless about how to get along with people, not to mention bewildered by life in general. Of course, people like that don't have enough introspection to recognize those deficiencies, yet I digress... Albeit probably well deserved, I'll stop the character assassination. (Then again, if someone has no character, is it possible to assassinate what doesn't exist? )

If this willy2004 moron were to actually call in a complaint to the BAR, there would be dozens & dozens of people that would be happy to refute anything bad that could possibly be said.

For ANYYONE that reads this thread in the future - Please take notice: Enrique will use OE / OEM aftermarket parts ONLY when his (extensive) experience has shown those parts to be equal to dealer sourced parts. He is very candid and honest about it, as it is not something to hide, as willy2004 alludes. Sometimes there is not enough of a price difference to make aftermarket items worthwhile. Other times, such as with critical safety items, Enrique will use ONLY dealer sourced parts. Brake pads are a PERFECT example. I know for a fact that he uses ONLY dealer sourced brake pads. When I asked him why, he said that it is well worth the extra money to be absolutely confident about something as critical as the brakes fitting & functioning properly. These are the words of a wise man indeed.

I'll digress a bit here again, but... I too will also use only dealer sourced or OEM aftermarket parts for certain critical items. I learned the hard way - I bought some well known brand name (TRW) parts when I rebuilt the front end on one of my SLC's several years ago. After only a few miles, a lower ball joint failed. I mean FAILED! The ball section literally ripped out of the socket, causing the front wheel to collapse. But back to Enrique...

Enrique is the rarest of the rare. He is not just an excellent mechanic, he is highly intelligent, knowledgeable, worldly, honest to a fault, and is quite frankly one of the finest human beings that I know to exist on this planet. I discovered his shop several years ago through the internet, and I've recommended numerous people to him. Some of these people are very knowledgeable about their cars, others don't know which is the proper working end of a screwdriver. But I will tell you that ALL of them have nothing but the nicest things to say about Enrique.
blah blah blah
what did you buy from Enrique and how much did it cost?
stick to the facts