View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
What's the air like there? I've heard it's pretty bad.
It's very humid here - unusually, I'm told - on the way to the pyramids we saw great clouds of smoke up ahead and traffic wasn't moving for a while, my colleague and I both thought that there was an accident with a car on fire as it looked like a burning tire with smoke billowing up - after a while the traffic started moving and it turned out that it was a bus belching smoke from both tail pipes - I could not believe it but the driver just chuckled...

I sense there is some pollution but it's not like it's choking you although my colleague (who is from India) - his allergies are flaring up and he says it's similar to what he experiences whenever he visits Bombay back home....

Mornings are quite foggy the fog just hangs in the still morning air until it's burned off by the sun by mid-day so it's been quite hazy, so much that we couldn't see the pyramids in the distance like we normally could... maybe tomorrow.

We've arranged to go see the pyramids with the hotel-arranged guide for the second time since we got rail-roaded the first time.. hehe - that's tomorrow - looking forward to it.

Cheers -
1995 Toyota Land Cruiser - 3X locked; 182K