View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 08:25 PM

wait, are you all trying to tell me that "bed springs" and "salt shaker" are not the correct MB parts terms?

Thanks for all the advice so far, the oil change does sound like a messy problem. Almost sounds as complicated as changing the oil on some motorcycles.
You have given me some great jumping off points to start turning this thing into a second daily driver for the moment. I will try and get the glow plugs diagnosed, Im pretty sure the insulated caps are all there, but there looks like almost a burnt match inside the salt shaker, so thats at least an obvious problem to be fixed.

I have seen some 115's on youtube with a later style ignition/glowplugs it seems, like out of a 123. If I were to improve the glow plugs, can I move an ignition from a 123 into this 115, or did some 115 come with those types of ignitions that activate the glow relay and then start all with the key?

CTH350, what is the difference between the older bumpers and these on the car? are they smaller? I have a set of brown hubcaps, although I kind of like the cream and brown contrast how the PO had it, eventually I would like to put some bundts on it though.