View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 07:47 AM
Fold on dotted line

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac2012 View Post
Exactly right. And since Jan. '09, the Republican ideas are? No, I mean besides tax cuts. I keep hearing this whining about Ds not taking any R input. What input? And what sort of concessions are Rs willing to give? What point of D programs are Rs willing to go along with? It's been damned little. The R position is do it our way or we're dragging our feet like you won't believe. And it's working for them. Watch out. You sow the wind, you reap the whirlwind. Meanwhile, at least one R is seeing the weakness of the routine:

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?headline=New+Gingrich%3A+Ryan+makes+GOP+nervous&articleId=18a5a9f6-22ad-47be-ae95-9a148fc7c404

Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., is giving members of the GOP leadership in Washington indigestion. And they deserve it.

Ryan is a sort of Newt Gingrich for the new century. He's intellectual and energetic, full of ideas about how to improve the country, but he's squeaky clean and carries none of the baggage that weighs down Gingrich. Probably because of all that, he is upsetting his own party's leadership. They want him to stop talking about reforming entitlement programs and eliminating the national debt. For heaven's sake, those ideas might scare some voters! They want him to just attack Democrats. Ryan won't play that game.

"It's really important, I think, not to run campaigns on some vague platitudes and rip down the other party, to hopefully win an election by default," he said in yesterday's Washington Post. "You have to win an election by acclamation, by aspiration, by telling people who you are and what you are going to do, and then go do it once you get there."
I am thoroughly disappointed in the (lack of) efforts by both sides. One side helps themselves to the pie on the table, the other side keeps yelling "Don't cut the pie, some of it is mine!"

Today a report indicated that 70% of the Congress are millionaires. What class do you think they stay in touch with?

Projects such as building improvements and infrastructure improvements which reduce the amount of money that corporations have to spend just enable them to keep sacking away the cash without hiring. The government is doing more for big business right now than the Republicans ever did.

1950 170SD
1951 Citroen 11BN
1953 Citroen 11BNF limo
1953 220a project
1959 180D
1960 190D
1960 Borgward Isabella TS 2dr
1983 240D daily driver
1983 380SL
1990 350SDL daily driver alt
3 x Citroen DS21M, down from 5
3 x Citroen 2CV, down from 6