View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 09:40 PM
Zero

Awsome day yesterday!

Monday at the last minute I decided to head up to Lime Rock with my uncle who races their for there historic festival. It was freaken awesome I am so hooked! 113 race gas smells amazing.

http://limerock.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=101&Itemid=99

They had just about everything up their and they drivers were quite unafraid to push their cars to and sometimes past the limits. I saw a few classics get stuck into the wall. Their was a very early Ferrari looked like late 1940's vintage Ferrari that was tearing up the track, along with a drop dead gorgeous polished Austin Martin. OMFG that was the most amazing looking machine I have ever come across, and it tore up the other cars.

My favorite spot is right along the track on no name straight before the hill. The cars come out of a corner and go right to WOT, and your like right their. Listening to those old motors scream gave me goose bumps, nothing sounds like a Ferrari V12 when those Webbers are all open, or a Jag or Austin I6 at full growl. The American cars did quite well, a Corvette won the big bore races, that car was so loud it would actually vibrate you as it came down pit row.

I'm going back next year.
2007 Tiara 3200

Last edited by Hatterasguy; 03-14-2019 at 07:43 PM.