View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 03:48 PM
Mama's 300D

Need 81 300D blower advice, please

Our blower motor has been working less than part time over the summer, in that it kicks on if I turn the ignition key on to pre-start and leave it there for more than 5 seconds. I then 99% of the time kicks off as soon as the engine is fired up. It used to be mainly the AC, but now even the defrost isn't coming on. With cold, rainy weather on the way, I need to do the troubleshooting and get this thing working. I've changed the control panel with a new one (automatic type), checked the fuses, and like I said, it does come on occasionally, but not when I need it. The fact that it is pretty consistent on the pre-starter deal leads me to believe it must be something that would be obvious to anyone who's had this happen before. Can anybody out there share your experience with this problem, or give me a troubleshoot list after replacing the control? Thanks in advance for any help or ideas. And if anybody has a drawing of this system, I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me or show it on this thread. THanks! Lee

1951 Chevy 3100

2003 Indian Chief Roadmaster

1983 GMC 1 ton Dually

1982 Chevy 1 ton Dually, service body (sold)

'90 GMC Suburban 6.2 "SS Veg-Burban"
(single tank WVO\diesel conversion) SOLD

'81 300D ~ Mama's car...my job (now my car)(but still my job) SOLD

'83 300sd ~ rescue car SOLD

2005 Ford Taurus (Mama's new car)(NOT my job!)