View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymog View Post
Disabling in what way? I've bought several with clogged or otherwise in-op pressure lines from the intake through the switchover valve, made for a very slow freeway entrance, what have you experienced?
The 1993 2.5 t I drive was worst. Could not make it up tinnyiest slope out of my driveway. It wouldn't hold any vacuum. The car had what i thought to be bad fuel in tank - Red turpentine smelling stuff. Cuold have led to its demise . Anyway the 1993 s have that new cheaper style alda that are like a can - no screws. I chiseled it off with a screw driver like opening a can of beans. It was easiest way to get it off. Car ran fast as a 2.5t can I imagine.

Another 85 300dt had really bad Alda. Not safe to drive on Rd cause can't pull in front of people. All the unscrewing of the not never got it to normal power so I took that one off completely too. Fixed the problem.

Then my friend bought the 1993 2.5t off here a few months back, that nice one in ky. Those people had put new ip on and all kind of stuff. Surprisingly the Alda was still bad though. Not as bad as my 1993 though You could drive but pulling off the line ws dangerous. We took a screwdriver to it and fixed it good That pos Alda probably cost the previous owner a couple thousand at least for an unneeded ip.

The thing about new style Alda is you can't get at nuts to remove without taking intake off. The vacuum nipple curves down in front right where you need to get your wrenches. I'm sure someone with the right tools maybe could do it. Maybe not. A flat head screwdriver, hammer, and channel locks to turn works great though.