View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS Fowler View Post
I am not sure.
The data has been so thoroughly manipulated that we may never know.
My manipulation, I mean not only "fudging" it to make it appear to conform to the theory, but also the subtle stuff like temperature recording stations that were rural, now are urban because of urban sprawl. So the data may well show a local temp increase, but in some cases that is due to the local environment changes.
Now, they say the glaciers are growing, and have been.

I am old enough to remember the dire warnings of the coming ice age in the the 1960s. The scientists were just as sure then, as the MMGW crowd is now that the threat was real and imminent. Seeing that they were wrong--according to the MMGW advocates, makes me more critical, and less willing to accept whatever is the latest scientific pronouncement. Combine that skepticism with the further skepticism that results from seeing the very close relationship between funding from government sources, and the correlation of the research with what that government wants everyone to believe.

I would love to see an open, peer-reviewed, transparent, public debate and see what comes out. Transparency is not what the MMGW crowd is all about.
I thought you were from LA--- Ever looked up when you were there?
Or ever looked down while flying into the "dirty layer of cotten wadding"???