View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 01:05 AM
Unofficial wormcan opener

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyL View Post
Well, I replaced the starter in China today in preparation for her finding a new home. On the old starter, sometimes the bendex wouldn't pop out and contact the flywheel. I'm guessing that this is the last repair item I will do on this beloved little 240D. Sure has been fun these last years.
The starter on a 240D is so simple! You can get to the top screw from the top, and the bottom screw is right there in the open underneath, just jack the car up a bit.
With air cleaner removed and the intake support brace removed, the starter just lifts right out the top/front. Was pretty much finished with that in less than an hour.
I then aired up the spare, vacuumed the trunk, hood pockets, trunk lip, etc. Also aired up all the tires, although they didn't really need much. Even installed the driver's side kick panel. I've kept them off all the W123's just so I can access behind the dash, under the dash, etc......
This has to be about as rust free as these cars can get, because there is NONE. Anywhere!!! The coating is still on the bottom of the car. I'm guessing Tyler won't have much trouble at all finding this special little car a new home.

Depressed........
Have you considered keeping China and giving more money for the Acura? Surely it can't hurt to have one MB in the yard.

Be careful of the toes you step on today, as they may be connected to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow. anonymous

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter won’t mind.” Dr. Seuss