View Single Post
Old 08-31-2002, 05:20 PM
daveb12

quasi-tech session

I have an easy one for you. Carl at Bergwerks recommends that I upgrade my brake lines, rotors and pads before I hit Watkins Glen in October. Also, I plan on getting the new CUP race tires(slicks?) so I was thinking of going to the +1 17" wheels.

If you wanted to explore the inners of the 500E brake system we could strip it down on the 21st?

Also, he recommends a 'better' brake fluid (and a change after EVERY track event).

Can I get these parts from our wonderful sponsors at MERCEDESSHOP?

++db

PS> The NE PA mercedes benz club is having their event on the 21st.

http://www.bergwerks.com/brakes.jsp
OE-Sized Brake Upgrades

Many of our customers have inquired about improving the performance of their stock brake system without upgrading to oversized rotors, bigger wheels and the substantial cost associated with these systems. If this is your line of interest, you've come to the right place!!!

BergWerks has a complete line of stock-sized rotors that are gold cadmium-plated, cross-drilled and vented just like the big brake kits. Combined with high performance Metal Master (semi-metallic) pads and DOT-approved stainless steel brake lines, these brake kits will dramatically improve your braking under hard driving conditions and provide stellar looks without breaking your wallet. A full kit of 4 rotors, pads and stainless brake lines typically costs about $300 to $400 for most Mercedes models. Naturally, we sell each of these items separately as well. Give us a call or send us an email to discuss pricing for your Mercedes.