View Single Post
Old 09-10-2002, 09:12 PM

Hammer time

Thanks,

Since the car is essentially a Hammer wagon with a 16v 6.0 liter I was striving for originality in going for these wheels. 17x8 ET28 was the original size used on the AMG Hammer with 215/45 front and 235/45 rear. The fenders on my car are slightly flared and the lip is rolled (was rolled I should say) although not as much as the 500E. I did a side by side with my neighbors 89 300E and 95 E320 for comparison.

I was going with 225/45 for convenience sake at this point, taking the summer tires off my Audi; Audi is getting 235/45 all season shoes.

I may be off here but I believe the original Hammer was lowered 1.5 inches on either end. That said I am concerned that if the ET28 wheel will protrude from the wheelwell and I lower the car too much I will still get the rubbing problem (2 objects cannot occupy the same space...). Does it make more sense to raise the car with the spring pads if I have to, or to go with a taller spring (Sportline) to begin with?

I could always go back to 15 inch wheels, put a 300TD Turbo Diesel badge on her and really piss off Mustang owners.

AMG 300TE 6.0

E320 Cabrio

http://photos.yahoo.com/dshimano