View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Craig,

Not sure that you have "verified" that the w/h was replaced. IMO, you MUST know that it has before you start swapping ECUs, otherwise you're wasting time and money!

In my experience, re-wiring the ETAs has NOT been succesful but for only a few cases. If the Ref Pot or the "current" yoke has failed, re-wiring will do nothing to solve your problem.

Get the w/h verified or replaced if not new, then have the ETAs checked . . Menu#24 gives some places that can check them. My personal preference is Beckmann Industries. Menu#24 is here
Thank you (to all) for the responses! To all of you who have suggested that I take a closer look at the wiring harness, it appears to be the original part. I have checked it in several places and it seems to be in pretty decent condition, but I suppose I'll bite the bullet and replace it. Can anyone tell me what exactly the main engine wiring harness includes? The way I understand it, most of the components under the hood have at least, in part, their own harness. Is the main wiring harness pretty much just a central connection point for the ignition, fuel injectors, MAF's, ETA's, etc? Additionally, will the main harness replace any of the wiring in the ECU box (e.g. the can network between ECU's)? Where is the best place to purchase this harness, and what is the going rate?

Thanks,
Craig Rhyne