View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolovic View Post
PS . . . You have a jewel of a car . . . just clean it up and take care of the little odd items after you have it mechaically perfect. I, for the life of me, can't figure out why you'd want to part it out???? For me, it would even be worth it to repaint it . . . but I had one with the 2.2L engine that I drove for 6 years and cried when I was forced to part with it.

Good luck, and enjoy your new ride, . . . you lucky dog!!!!

Before parting it . . . contact me . . . I might be able to take it off your hands . . . LOL.
Depends what I find with that car. For me at age sixty eight time is my enemy. Although I am very fortunate and still have the energy level of a man much younger. When this stops is an unknown.

It will and it has to at some point from a realistic viewpoint..Hopefully almost instantly. I only met one other individual over time that is very simular. He flies his ten to twelve passenger heavy twin engine almost new plane into a local farm field once a year to service his local interests. Most younger pilots would not have the skill or confidence to do it. The field is short even though his plane is empty. We converse occassionally.

He lives in boston pretty well year long and is about ninety or older and must still make his pilot medical to do so. He looks fifty five. Like myself he states it is genetics.

Now we are aware that we are getting older as two good women apiece would probably tucker us both out. Since we are both happily married I guess we will not get to test the hypothisis. Additionally any one of my four daughters would be less than pleased if they found out. Remember as well I am but a kid at sixty eight compared to him.

As my wife states occassionally she wonders when I will get older or time will catch up with me as I seem to have avoided it somehow. She may have a point as all my contemporaries are old compared to me. My time for self interests still remains low as I am pretty busy all the time.

To find time right now to do a general reconditioning of a car is very difficult. For some of us age does not equate to having more time to do things we would preffer to do. Even if the ability remains. I have resisted delegation to others to do things for me.

We can afford it but old habits not only do not die hard. They can become even stronger. So indeed the car may get passed along. Hard to know right now. In my strange life at this age nothing is really certain.

Part of yesterday for example and today are being spent getting a guy set up to manufacture good quality wooden urns. He asked me some time ago to get something together that with his disability would bring some money in.

It fits his needs and limited startup capital. A valid market test showed it will meet his needs. Sales are to remain direct rather than through funeral homes at present. You almost have to think in an abstract way to get things going in todays typical economy.

By helping many people it gives purpose to our lives. There are also many benifits tangiable and non tangiable that have occured over time from doing so. We help individuals by showing them how to help themselves. Giving money accomplishes virtually nothing other than perhaps relieving short term difficulty. Unfortunatly there is usually a lineup of people wanting my services.