View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaboic View Post
No one has stated the obvious yet, so I will. Change both the fuel filters first. It is easy and solves many no-start issues, especially if the car was running before the no-start issue. Just be sure to pre-fill the spin on filter first, then crack each injector line and crank until fuel dribbles out (to purge out any air. Then tighten up the injector lines and it should start and run. If not, post back and we can go from there

I know you stated in the original post that you changed the filters, but if you still have crud in the tank, they will clog again in short order.
I agree that if your Tank is contaminated Filters Can plug up fast. When trouble shooting it is easier just to change them and elimnate them as a source of the problem.
Fuel Tank Screen plugged? Swap the positions of the Fuel Inet and Fuel Oulet Hoses; but have at lease a 1/2 Tank of Fuel.

Even though you are seeing Fuel coming out you might not be getting enough Fuel volume.
It could be that your Fuel Supply/Lift Pump is gummed up inside and keeping the Valves from sealing or your Pressure Relief/Over Flow valve (see cervans very long thread) is having an issue and not allowing the Fuel supply pressure to be high enough.