View Single Post
Old 02-25-2011, 11:33 PM

I went to check on the Benz the other day, and it is coming along real nice. Everything is painted except the trunk lid. It has some underlying damage that will be costly to repair. I finally told them to try and find another one, so that's where we're at right now.

I took the advice of some other forum members and had the side marker lights removed and have acquired Euro headlghts for it. They were used and will probably need new reflectors. The body guy has a friend in Germany and has already contacted him when we were looking for the lights. By the way, one complete new Euro headlight assembly costs about $400. I found a set for $160. Everything was good or repairable, except the reflectors. Will be pricing new ones from Germany.

Most of the vehicle is put back together with new front and rear window seals, new passenger and driver side door weatherstripping and all new window tint, including the added windshield visor tint. One thing I am finding is that the expenses never seem to stop. With the new paint, the 20 year old gold trim now looks cheesy, so I am pricing have it redone too. One thing for sure is that it will really look nice when complete.

Next time I go check on it, I'll try to remember to take my camera. The way it is going, I am guessing that it will be done no later than late April, unless we find more things to do.

At some point, I plan to change the 3rd member (again), but this time put one from a diesel in it. It currently has 3.90 (stock is 3.78) gears in it, and I want to make it more of a highway cruiser with something in the low 3's. Can't wait until it's done.