View Single Post
Old 02-26-2011, 01:37 AM

Location: Out in the Boonies of Hot, Dry, Dusty, Windy Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
I do not understand the cutting corners comment. The U-joint Shop would have to do the same thing I did. However, it is true that they are better equiped for the Job.

The only corner cutting I am doing is attempting not to have the Shaft Balanced. If it vibrates I will attempt to balance it with Hose Claps as was done in the old days.

If that does not work I will have to send it to be balanced.

If I had just pulled the Drive Shaft out and sent it to a Shop I would not have had a chance to lean anything from the experience.
What I said was not a dig at what you are doing, hope you didn`t take it that way. It cost me a little more in the route I took trying to cut some corners. I should have just sent in the original DL instead of dragging home the PNP DL. I ended up with more down time. I was replying as to what Shark said.
As you said, you wouldn`t have learned anything from the experience if you had just sent it in.

Charlie

1) Not much power
2) Even less power
3) Not nearly enough power!! 240D w/auto

Anyone that thinks a 240D is slow drives too fast.

80 240D Naturally Exasperated, 4-Spd 388k DD 150mph spedo 3:58 Diff

We are advised to NOT judge ALL Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but we are encouraged to judge ALL gun owners by the actions of a few lunatics. Funny how that works