View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 09:40 AM

Link posted by Frederick Klorczyk Jr. tonight in another forum. American made. Worth a look.

https://www.grayusa.com/support_stand.asp

Another post from Frederick Klorcyzk, Jr:

"Lynne and I have driven on some of Christian's favorite roads these past weeks. We "claim" that we could better accept this if he missed the braking point, went in hot, he forgot he had winters on and the coefficient of friction was not the same as his performance tires, he missed a shift, anything... then there would be some modicum of sense. We'd have been pissed as we knew he was such a good driver and never was DUI but there was a more tangible cause such as driver error.

My description of the accident, which I reenacted last night, took all the planets and stars to align to take his life. NFW could you make that happen again. That is hard to grasp. If I had the guts (which I presently do not) I'd post the pics of the event as you could see how he protected himself to the degree to which any real mechanic was trained.

Once again, to teach yourself a lesson in safety, go out to your garage, extend your jackstand and trip the lever. Try to take a breath when it drops. You can't. Then imagine your chest as the jackstand. That is how brutal this is.

THERE IS NO SECOND CHANCE HERE GUYS. ASK CHRISTIAN. SPEND THE CASH AND GET AT LEAST A PINNED JACKSTAND IF NOT BETTER. EVEN THE PINS BOTHER ME AS WHO KNOWS WHERE THE PIN CAME FROM (CAN YOU SAY CHINA?) AND WAS IT DESIGNED, ENGINEERED, MADE AND EVEN TESTED PROPERLY BEFORE YOU TRUST YOUR LIFE TO IT. WHO KNOWS WHAT THE SHEAR STRENGTH IS UNTIL YOU DESTRUCTIVELY TEST IT IF IT EVER IS?

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!!"

Shared in the interest of safety for all. This story is all over the internet now.

Stay safe, fellas.
1975 W115 300D

visit my blog:
http://mercedesdieselrebuildingdiederich.blogspot.com/