View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 06:07 PM

Thanks Daniel, taking all the advice I can get.
It would be cool to find one locally, like within the WI-IL area where I could check it out before getting serious, I think I definitely remember enough to spot trouble areas.
Rust, now someone here can probably update me, since I've been out of the MB biz for several years, but I just don't recall rust being a big 129 problem, even up here in the rust belt states. Somewhat due to 129s mostly being rich owners summer cars. I know there were rust problems happening already on the 210 chassis, and I mean other than the spring perch problem, but on the same token, these would be year-round cars, which makes a big difference up here.
I believe I did see that 129 you mention on eBay, but maybe not, as I thought the ones on eBay now are all CA cars. I'll recheck that, and also check that site out you mentioned. But again I am in "saving mode" right now and am just sort of sniffing around right now for ideas.
There is a 300SL someone is trying to sell right now in this forum, I did look at that, and I believe that car is more around the midwest. Pretty car but I really think I'd rather have a 96 or newer.