View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:58 AM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

yes, thanks. MUCH better.

limit is 3 tons in the position I've got the arm in.

the wheels are DEEP into the earth, so I don't see how it could slide or topple.

chocked is good.

the drink is because my little brother has sore throat, and he was thirsty.

the driveshaft has a chainlink fence wrapped around it... like 20' of chainlink fence... really tough stuff. gotta cut it all out. didn't want to work on it with only a few inches to swing the bolt cutters in.

I shoved the drum under there to catch the car a tad more incase the lift and tires started to topple... give just a hair more time to run out from under it. also note in the upper edge of the pic, there are jack stands there... not sure what they would do if that pizza pile decided to topple...

see previous answer. I also plan to attach 10,000lb ratchet straps to the tree behind the car, and to the 3/4 ton pickup beside the car, and to the SD beside the car... I do NOT want the car moving when I'm under there!

of course I could just shove a 2x4 under it...

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!