Thread: 240D for me!
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 PM

Thanks for the replies!

I knew WVO had a lot of buzz, but didn't realize there was so much contraversey. I joined another forum too & posted a similar post. The mods closed my thread with really rude comments.

I have plans to get the old car back on the road first. Maybe patch some of the major rust holes and roll on some house paint (just kidding).

With 61k miles I figure worst case I can pull the drive train and find another donor body somewhere.

I'm going to pull the fuel tank tonight & pressure wash it. When I drained it there was this NASTY black sludge on the hose when I pulled it out of the tank. From reading on here I think its algie?? I wouldn't be surprised as green and nasty as the rest of the paint is.

I ended up draining no less than 12 gallons of dark amber colored laquer smelling diesel out of the tank.

As for BIO conversion - VS SVO conversion - Its a $500 car - I don't want to hurt it - but that is the point of starting with a $500 car. I would love to do the bio thing - but what do you do with the glycerin sludge thats left over?