View Single Post
Old 04-29-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel911 View Post
Please post back what worked or not.

I am having a similar problem after disconnecting Vacuum Lines, Fuel Injection Pump and Oil Filter Housing.

Within the next hour I will be checking the Vacuum Connections compared to the pic in the manual. (However, I tagged my Vac Lines before I removed them so I do not sure how I could have connected them wrong.)

Will check with Vac Gauge also.
In my case the Trans was down shifting OK before I started to do the other work I did; so, for me not the Clutch Pac.
I also found I had reconnected the Vac Lines I removed OK.

I disconnected the line to the Transmission from the Y connector a tested with a Mighty Vac type Tools and had zero Vacuum.
Sure enough I found that the other end was disconnected from the Modulator. I guess it came loose during my struggle with the Oil Filter Housing or other Vacu Lines.

After replacing the short length of Vac Hose that hooks to the Plastic Tubing and hooking it up to the Modulator the Trans is back to normal.

However, after doing the above when I connect the Might Vac I can pump it up to around 22 hgs of Vac but it bleeds back to zero in about 2 seconds.
Is My Modulator leaking Vacuum?