View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 02:34 AM

Going to do the citric acid flush next week, quick question

Ok so I ordered 2.2 pounds of citric acid, I have 16 Oz of Shout, and I have some MB coolant.

Really all I need to know is how many Oz I need to pour into my cooling system before I run my car each time.

Currently I am going to drain the radiator, drain the block (does this plug have a washer that needs replacing?), refill with the shout mix (how much water?). Idle for 10 minutes, drain and flush until it is not soapy anymore.

Then I am going to mix 2.2 lbs of citric acid with warm water (how much warm water?) and pour it in the expansion tank? Should I fill the radiator with water too?

Then Im going to drive for 60 miles, drain the block and radiator, pull all of my hoses and flush with a garden hose. Fill with distilled water and drive and flush 3 times.

Then I will fill with a 50/50 coolant mix, burp the system by parking on a incline, opening the overflow cap and turning on the heat while idling for how long?

This all sound good? Really the only thing I am not clear on is how much water to put into the system, I dont want to put too little in...

Thanks!!

Last edited by frankengrant; 05-05-2011 at 02:55 AM.