View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 09:50 PM

Got it running

Graham,
First, thanks for putting that document on Google docs. I have it and it is going to be a real help!
Second, I got the 'lil beauty running. I managed to pry out (after 40 years of being unmolested, this bugger really made me sweat!!) the relay in the upper left position in the left relay bracket. This is the fuel pump relay marked as 38 on the wiring diagram. I jumpered pins 30 and 87 after checking that 12V was on pin 30 when the key was in the "on" position. I heard the fuel pump come on and stay on. Turned the key to start. It started then died. I did this a few more times before I did a "no-no" on a FI engine: I held the throttle open to maybe the 25% open position and cranked again. this time it started and stayed running. After running a few minutes, I released the throttle and the RPMs dropped to an idle but did not die. YEEEESSSS! Took the car for a short spin an all seemed to be relatively normal.

There are other issues, but at least I can drive the car. Next issue to deal with is the excessive cranking required to start the car after it has been running for awhile.

Should I open a new thread on this one or try to continue with this thread? My gut says open a new thread. What say?

Graham, thanks again! You are a real treasure to this forum.

Keppie