View Single Post
Old 03-07-2000, 11:25 PM
Rocket Rocket is offline
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Indpls.,IN. USA
Posts: 84
Anyone looking to charge an empty system with R-12 these days knows to partial charge and leak test. If your compressor is leaking around the housing it needs a new Delco R4. These are usually reasonably priced. The rule of thumb these days is to convert the system to 134a if a major component is replaced. I think you'll find the performance will be fine.
Reply With Quote