View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 09:29 PM

Yes, I just commented on this yesterday in another thread. Since the weather is heating up, I am reading more of this, as more people are restoring and cranking up the A/C.

Last summer we charged up the A/C on our W126, we had the A/C on high and I started smelling "hot" leaves. No smoke, but I knew what was going on, so we shut it off and I vacuumed out all of the leaves, all was fine.

A/C leaked down some over the winter, so we recharged yesterday - still not blowing ice cold when idling, but guess its normal for an old car like this. Again, started smelling leaves. This time could not find the vac cleaner end to get in there, so this evening I hooked up the air compressor and blew all of the leaves and pine needles out of there. I dont know how so many accumulate in there in one year, but they do. Very bad design, I dont know why Mercedes didnt recall and reposition this somehow.

Now I am also reading of these cars not only catching fire because of leaves, but I have been reading where it says the "blower fuse holder" catching fire, not sure exactly where this is and why they catch fire?